Celebrate living well with your community while benefiting the Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson's
Saturday, October 12, 2019 - Metairie, LA
Pavilion Island at Lafreniere Park
3000 Downs Blvd
Metairie, LA 70003
Saturday, October 10, 2020
Registration and t-shirt pick-up: 9:00 am
Walk: 11:00 am
The 9th annual LA Walks is a celebration of living well complete with two handicap accessible walking routes, local food and beverages, a silent auction, parade of prizes raffle, live music, entertainment and local resources for people with Parkinson's.
LA Walks benefits the Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson's. Louisiana Walks 2019 fundraising is responsible for funding the Davis Phinney Foundation's The Victory Summit event coming to Baton Rouge March 2020. Come see your support at work first hand, helping people with Parkinson's live well in your neighborhood.
- Adult Participant - $25 (Includes LA Walks event tee, food, beverages and more)
- Child Participant - FREE (12 and under, includes kids crafts, food and beverages)
*Please note: All event-day participants (walkers and onsite) must be registered regardless of age, to participate in the Louisiana Walks for Parkinson's event.
Additional purchase options:
- Extra adult tee
- Youth tee
- Parade of Prizes raffle tickets*
- Liquor Wagon raffle tickets*
*Pre-purchasing Parade of Prizes and Liquor Wagon raffle tickets will save you time! Tickets purchased in advance with registration will be printed with your name and phone number and will be available for pick-up day of the event at the raffle ticket sales tent
Help us raise $100,000!
Check out the awesome incentives you can earn by becoming a Team DPF fundraiser at LA Walks!
The Walk Schedule of Events
- 9:00am - Registration and pre-registered t-shirt pickup, Silent Auction and Parade of Prizes opens, Coffee, donuts and fresh fruit
- 9:50am - Program begins:
- Opening Remarks and Welcome, Camille Blanchard, US WorldMeds
- Rock Steady Boxing demonstration
- Brief Introduction of Event Committee and the Davis Phinney Foundation Staff
- Rosina Kahn Sapir Parkinson’s Community Service Award Presented by Sapir Family
- Special Presentation
- Dance for PD and Zumba Pre-Walk Warm up
- 11:00 am - Line up for Walk at the back bridge behind the pavilion and Walk begins!
- 11am-2pm - Music by Midnight Special Band
- Lunch served as walkers return
- 12:00pm - "Live Well Today" and "Every Victory Counts" Fundraising Champion Awards
- 12:30pm - Parade of Prizes Raffle and Liquor Wagon Raffle Closes
- 12:45pm - Liquor Wagon Winner Announced (Winner Must Be Present)
- 12:50pm - Last call for Silent Auction Bids
- 1:00 pm - Silent Auction Closes
- 2:00pm - Event Concludes
*Please consider volunteering to stay and help pick up after event ends. We are very thankful for anyone that is willing to lend a hand.
*Backdrop to for individual or team pictures will be available through-out the day
Thank you to our 2019 sponsors and exhibitors!
Acadia Pharma, Adamas Pharma, Gotta Call Bob, Medtronic Foundation, Touro
Home Care Solutions, Dynamic Physical Therapy, Select Physical Therapy
Also exhibiting: NOBA Dance for PD, Rock Steady Boxing - Metairie, St. Francis Villa Assisted Living
Thank you to our food sponsors:
Bistro Orleans, Don's Seafood, Mary Brocato, Backyard Lawn Master Outdoor Living, SLO Melt
Abita Brewing Co, Acme Oyster House, Baudry Therapy, Big Easy Food, Copelands, Gold Medal, Medtronic, Raising Canes, Reginelli's Pizzeria
Acropolis Cuisine, Hooters, Lakeview Harbor, Mr. Eds, Plum Street Snowballs,
Copelands, Top Box Foods
Thank you to our in-kind sponsors
Capital One, NOBA, Custom Garages, Midnight Special, Nola Bombshells, St. Francis Villa, The Home Depot - kids crafts, Young Marines, One Stop Financial Group, Rock Steady Boxing